Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas decorations

We have now put up our Christmas tree.  Tomorrow we will probably get out the stockings and other decorations.  We don't have a lot in the way of Christmas stuff because we have always lived in apartments, but we do have more than I think we need.  I went through our box of decorations and chose several things that I am going to get rid of.  I mostly chose to get rid of little decorative things that just sit out on shelves (like little snowmen).  I have also had to be careful in choosing how I want to decorate this year, because my toddler is destructive.  For example, I have chosen to leave an ornament that my Grandma gave me before she died (the only ornament that she got from her mother's Christmas tree) off of our tree this year.  I would be so sad if Kyler pulled the tree over and that ornament got broken. 

The more time I spend organizing and simplifying, the easier it is getting to let things go.  I still have a long way to go, but things are already getting under control.  I am having to make a real effort to keep things simple during the holidays.  My main goal for this month is to keep our commitments to a minimum so that we can have more family time and not just be rushing around the entire month.  How do you keep sane in December?

No comments:

Post a Comment