Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

First of all, I will neither be organizing or posting tomorrow.  I am taking the day to spend with my family.  My goal is to maintain things as much as possible.

Today was not really an organizing day.  It was a Thanksgiving preparation day.  I baked 3 different desserts and spent time with my in-laws who came into town.  I also made a Thankful Tree with my boys.  I have been working on this for about a week, but we finished it today. 
 Here is a close up of part of it:
I made stencils of their handprints on a cereal box and then traced them on construction paper and cut them out.  On each handprint "leaf" we write something we are thankful for.  Some of the things we are thankful for include: that Jesus died for us, Pup Pup (Cade's stuffed dog), our new baby, chocolate, Cherry Coke, and a lot of family members.  I had so much fun talking with my children about thankfulness and listening to what they say they are thankful for.  I really want my house to be clean and organized, and there were organizing projects that I could have worked on today, but no matter how organized my home is there is not a substitute for taking the time to do special things with my children and to teach them. 

If you have children, how are you teaching them to be thankful?

No comments:

Post a Comment