Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Great Closet Clean Out

Thanks for being patient with me recently while I have been sick and not posting as regularly as I would like.  I hope I am past the worst of it now. 

I finally got my closet clean out done today.  James kept the boys busy while I worked on it all day long. I took everything out, sorted through everything (getting rid of some), and found a home for (almost) everything.  This was a pretty big undertaking because my closet is not just where I keep my clothes and accessories.  Because we have no garage, attic, or basement my closet is where we keep all of our Christmas decorations (including our tree), my craft supplies, and all of my clothes.  There is nowhere else to put out of season clothes or my non-maternity clothes.  I have a few under the bed boxes where I have some clothes and craft stuff stored now, so we have thrown away every last Space Bag.  If you don't know how I feel about Space Bags, I HATE them.  Now they are gone.  Yay!  Anyway, here are some before pictures of my closet:



I know.  It's bad.  But this is how it looks now:





This is what my bed looked like after everything was out of the closet: 

Both closet doors even close now.  This is a huge accomplishment.  My husband did not believe that all of the stuff that came out of the closet went back in.  I did set aside some things to get rid of, but almost everything that came out went back in.  This was a huge undertaking, but I feel so much better knowing that it is done.  I am most excited about how accessible everything is.  I can get to my craft supplies easily, I know where everything is, and it is easier to put everything away.  Getting dressed in the mornings is no longer a challenge because I can walk all the way into the closet and look at my clothes.  Also, after working on this I was in a organizing mood, so I worked on some kitchen cabinets while dinner was cooking.  I will try to get those pictures posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment