Monday, January 30, 2012

A Crying Toddler and Some Accomplishments

I got a lot done today.  I am really amazed at how much I did considering that Kyler cried for the better part of the morning.  I managed to unload the dishwasher, fold and put away three loads of laundry, clean out the refrigerator, work on a craft project that has been taking up space in the dining room (it is almost done and ready to be put away), help Cade get his homework done that he has been putting off, work on sorting Cade's Legos, and sort through a bunch of magazines and articles I have been saving.  I really like a few particular magazines, and I subscribe to them when I can find really good deals.  My absolute favorite is Disney Family Fun.  It has so many good crafts, games, recipes, and so much more for those with little kids.  The problem is that I never want to part with the old issues of Family Fun.  All of the other magazines I get I go through and tear out what I want to keep for future reference and keep them all sorted in two expandable files.  I keep only the latest issue of each magazine and recycle or pass on the old ones.  I had at leat fourteen old issues of Family Fun, and they took up the entire magazine rack.  I was going to make some magazine files from old cardboard boxes, but then I came up with a better plan.  Almost everything from the magazine is on the website, so I just chose my favorite activities and ideas from these issues, found them on the Family Fun website, and pinned them to Pinterest.  Now I can get rid of the magazines, and I am much more likely to actually do the crafts and activities with the kids because I have everything all organized neatly together.  Yay.  I am also going through my expandable files to clear things out and find what I can online.  In addition to all of that, we all went for a walk together this afternoon.  The only way most of these things were able to be accomplished is that James was home from work really early today. 

Last night James started sorting through our mountain of paperwork.  Today he has been working on shredding all of the stuff that we do not need anymore (and there is a lot of it).  I have really appreciated that he is getting on board with my organizing and simplifying efforts (even if he does tell other people that I am on an "organizing rampage"). 

In a few minutes we are going to watch some t.v. and sort some Legos.  I know, you are so jealous, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment